- Do your products contain gluten? No.
- Are your products all natural? Gilbert’s Chicken Sausages are All Natural, and use antibiotic/hormone-free chicken. Gilbert's Natural Franks are All Natural.
- How do you cook Gilbert’s Craft Sausages? Our sausages are fully cooked and just need to be heated through. Microwave, hot water, grill, hot pan, etc. all work just fine. You CAN microwave them in the package in under 30 seconds for a steaming effect.
- Do Gilbert’s Craft Sausages freeze well? Yes. However, freezing is generally unnecessary due to the long shelf life and the individual wrapping.
- Why is the shelf life so long? Because they are vacuum sealed before they’re cooked. This means they’re cooked in the absence of oxygen, and any bacteria is killed off in the cooking process.
- Where is Gilbert’s located? Our products are made in Denmark, WI (just south of Green Bay), and our headquarters is in Wheaton, IL (just west of Chicago).
- What kind of casing is on the sausage? All sausages have a beef collagen casing. It gives us a better snap than intestinal casing without the tough, chewiness. This also means our items contain no pork.
- What if I can’t answer a question or run into a problem? The meat manager or a store employee can assist with most in-store problems.
- If you have any questions, please call Chris Stoye (414) 308-4796 or Eric Romberg (630) 291-1981