- Cut sausages and apples as directed/shown above, then shred cheese if needed.
- Butter bread like you would for a grilled cheese sandwich. Set aside.
- Heat waffle iron and spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- While waffle iron heats up, start making your sandwiches. To make, place sausage pieces and apple slices on one slice of your bread (the inside). Then, sprinkle cheese overtop sausage/apples. Place second piece of bread on top (buttered side up) and place on sprayed waffle iron.
- Carefully (and slowly) close waffle iron. Cook according to manufacturers instructions.
- Once done, remove and serve!