- Drizzle beet with preferred cooking oil, season with salt and pepper and roast in a 375 degree oven until tender (a piercing with a small knife or trussing needle should have no resistance).
- Place the beet in a paper of plastic bag and seal ( allows the skin/jacket to loosen from internal steam)
- Allow the beet to cool enough to handle, then peel, discarding the jacket.
- Cut the beet into quarters and add to a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Puree until smooth. Add water to thin mustard to your desired texture.