- Grill, sear or steam Gilbert's sausages, let rest 10 minutes, then slice each link into bite-size pieces.
- Add sausage pieces to a food processor and pulse to the desired consistency; set aside. Alternate: mince sausages.
- Heat a medium size skillet, (medium-hi)
- Add the canola oil and bring to temperature.
- Add the ground chicken sausage and sauté for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the onions and mushrooms to the pan and sauté ntil the onions are tender and clear.
- Add the ginger, garlic, and water chestnuts; continue cooking until their aroma is fragrant, about 30 seconds
- Add the rice vinegar, hoisin sauce, soy sauce and teriyaki sauce; stir until everything is fully incorporated and warmed through.
- Remove from heat, stir in green onions and serve in lettuce leaves.