Find Gilbert’s in Stores Near You
- Spray a 7-hole silicon instant pot mold with cooking spray.
- Place the diced sausage into the bottom of each mold. Set aside.
- Place eggs, egg whites, cottage cheese, mozzarella into a blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Blend until well mixed and frothy
- Divide the egg mixture evenly between the molds.
- INSTANT POT: To cook in Instant pot cover the mold loosely with foil. Place 1 cup of water into the bottom of the instant pot and then gently lower the steam rack and mold into the pot. Close the lid and turn the valve to seal. Select steam setting and cook for 8 minutes. After cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes. Release any remaining pressure, and carefully lift the mold out of the pot.
STOVE TOP: To cook on stove top fill a large pot with enough water so that it just comes to the bottom of the steam rack. Bring to a boil. Gently lower the steam rack and mold into the pot and cover. Steam for 10 minutes. Turn off heat and allow to sit, covered, for 5 minutes. Carefully lift the mold out of the pot.
- Place a paper towel over the top of the mold, turn a large plate upside down over the paper towel and then carefully flip so that the egg bites turn out onto the paper towel lined plate. Enjoy!
If you don’t have a silicon mold you can use small glass 4 oz. glass jars or ramekins. Place jars onto steam rack above simmering water. Adjust cook time and cook until center has just set. Use stovetop method for anything other than silicon molds.
Makes 7 egg bites.