- Start off by pickling your onions. To do so whisk together vinegar, sugar, salt and water. Then, put sliced onions in a jar and pour the vinegar mixture over top of the onions. Seal jar and let onions sit at room temperature for at least 1 hour (refrigerate leftovers after meal).
- Next, grill your sausage links as desired, alongside pineapple.
- While grilling, prep the remainder of your ingredients: thinly chop purple cabbage, half limes, and prep any additional toppings, such as chopping cilantro, and slicing jalapenos. Set all aside.
- Now in a small bowl add pineapple juice and the juice from 1/2 a lime into a small bowl and mix to combine. Then pour pineapple-lime mixture over top of your shredded cabbage. and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat up your tortillas, as desired. We like ours with a little bit of charred edges. Yum!
- Once your chicken sausages and pineapple are done on the grill, remove and bring inside. Coin sausages as shown.
- Now it's time to assemble! Place sausage coins, pineapple, cabbage, pickled onion, and additional toppings as desired.
- Serve immediately and enjoy with a few lime wedges!